Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese martial arts which has evolved into a graceful form of exercise. It is now used for stress reduction, heath promotion and a variety of other health conditions. Serenity, stability and strength are promoted through a series of gentle, flowing movements. In short, it is a self-paced system of gently physical and mental exercise aimed at overall health promotion. Its benefits include delaying or alleviating chronic illness, strengthening balance, neuromuscular coordination and regulating mental function.
Dr. Chan is a qualified trainer in the Wu’s style of Tai Chi. Elements of Tai Chi exercise are being adopted as an option in the movement activities of iLs program. In addition, the Centre provides small-class training in three systems of Tai Chi exercise:
- Fundamental class: 8-movement simplified Tai Chi
- Intermediate class: Square form of Wu’s style Tai Chi
- Advanced class: Round form of Wu’s style Tai Chi
- Fundamental class: $30 per hour (10 sessions)
- Intermediate class: $40 per hour
- Advanced class: $50 per hour